Simpler, standardised registration forms from November


Affordable web design

Affordable website design for hotels:

  • Easy to use
  • Add and edit content yourself
  • Responsive design for mobile devices
  • Incl. picture galleries, slider, forms
  • Optional integration of the hotel booking reservation system

Contact Us Now!


Test Lodgit Desk

Download a free 30 day trial version of Lodgit Desk Hotel Software:

Apple icon   MacOS

Windows Icon   Windows

Download Now

Simpler, standardised registration forms from November

As of November 1, the often time-consuming subject of how to submit a registration form will finally be simplified for you, when the new German Federal Registration Form Act comes into force. Different templates from the individual authorities will no longer be necessary. Now you can select and use the new registration form template "Germany" in Lodgit Desk

The following data must in the future be included on the registration form:  

  • First and last name of the guest
  • The number of accompanying relatives
  • Date of arrival and departure
  • Date of birth, nationality and address of the guest
  • For guests from abroad the ID number
  • For tour groups only the name of the tour guide
  • If applicable, the reason for the trip (private or business) for the calculation of the bed tax

This data can be printed out by Lodgit in advance and then only need to be signed by the guest. In addition, you can now also use the registration form to request any other data from the guest (e.g. how the guest became aware of your house) or obtain consent (e.g. for house rules, use of the e-mail address, whether it is a business trip or similar).

The retention period for the tickets is now also regulated uniformly throughout Germany. After the departure of the guest, you must keep the ticket safe for one year, so that it can be viewed by authorities at any time, but not by unauthorised third parties. After the deadline, the registration forms must be destroyed within three months.  

You can also find further information at the Federal Ministry of the Interior or in the AHGZ.


Go back