Lodgit Desk 1.13.4 - New tax and statistics improvements
Lodgit Desk 1.13.4 - What the Update Brings
It's something many users have been looking forward to. Now, the accommodation tax (visitor's tax, city tax) can be calculated and displayed much easier than before.
- First, you'll have to activate and set up your city / accommodation tax (under Lodgit Desk or Edit > Preferences > Tax). Thie really is the first step, because without the tax being activated, all windows and areas to add the tax in step 2 will be hidden.
- Now you can either manually add the tax to a booking (in the booking window) or link it to a rentable unit in order to always add it (in the unit's profile).
The charts for our lists have been completely renewed and now, they're much clearer and simpler to use. We've taken out some of the features that were never used and just made them more difficult. Now, you can concentrate on what's really important: a graphical display of your statistics.
The charts are available for the lists Extras List, Lodging List, Occupancy/Performance Indicators and Financials.
Behind the Scenes of the Online Systems
Not connected to the Lodgit Desk update we've made some changes to the Online Systems in the meantime:
- We've moved servers so the Online Systems are now faster and more secure.
- There's now an ics Feed as part of the Online Systems for connecting your units to holiday homes channels such as airBnB or 9flats.
- You can now check each unit online for which packages you have made available for (under Settings > Unit > Overview).
- The booking note that each guest receives after they've sent you their booking no longer saysUpon receipt of the deposit, you'll receive a binding booking confirmation from the accommodation service.
but now it says
You will shortly receive a binding booking confirmation from the accommodation service.
More small(er) changes ...
... can be found in the Release Notes. Because aside from these big changes, there have been many smaller bug fixes, edits and cosmetic changes.
The version 1.13.4 is the last planned update for this year, but we already have a lot of new features in mind for next year. You have suggestions or feature requests? Send them to us through our ticket system!
Your Lodgit Desk Team